0.5 to 0.6 No changes in public API, only additions.
0.5.4- to 0.5.5+ Some minor API changes were made which shouldn’t break anything but I list them to be on the safe side.
- .Timeout property on eventers and connections was set to Integer (from DWord) to support -1 as “block until an event happens”
0.4 to 0.5 We did some API cleanup which resulted in API breakage.
- All “connection” classes now descend from TLComponent
- TLSocket now has a .Creator which is a TLComponent property specifying the creator (eg: TLTcp), so you can see now which socket in an event belongs to which connection.
- Added “Connect()” and “Listen()” parameterless calls to all connections. This is mostly to enable Lazarus visual style, so people can use .Host and .Port properties and repeatedly just call “.Connect()” for example.
- Added “StatusSet” set to SMTP and FTP components. This enables you to monitor specific FTP or SMTP actions and their results with events OnSuccess and OnFailure. You set the events to be watched in the set, and get results in one of the callbacks.
- Changed ALL callbacks which didn’t use TLSocket as sender to use it. This means all FTP, SMTP and HTTP events which had “Sender: TL<HigherType>” were reverted to basic Socket style callbacks!
0.3 to 0.4 Lots of additions. Only “breakage” is that TLSocket.Port got changed into TLSocket.LocalPort and TLSocket.PeerPort for consistency reasons.
WARNING: In version 0.4.0, I forgot to move lHTTPSettings unit from lib to the http example. It was NOT supposed to be a part of the library, just the example. DON’T use this, it’s not a “library”, it’s a part of the example (http server will get it’s own project later)
0.2 to 0.3
- Added OnCanSend and OnConnect. Connect is now non-blocking.
- Removed buffersize and maxmsgs. Buffersize is no longer required because no internal buffer is used.
0.1 to 0.2 There have been some API changes from 0.1 to 0.2. These were required and should improve the usability of packages. I know API changes are always a PITA but I’ll try to keep them minimal from now on. Version 0.3 will be the first beta from which API will remain unchanged (only adding new stuff will be possible).
- OnRecieve() changed to OnReceive()
- Accept() changed to Listen()
- All events’ arguments changed. SocketNumber (int) got changed into aSocket(TLSocket) because of logical and speed reasons